President Trump on Friday said that he’s boycotting this year’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner and will instead hold a rally.
Trump is snubbing the black-tie event for a third year, breaking with his predecessors who had rubbed shoulders with journalists at an event derided as too cozy.
“I’m going to hold a rally because the dinner is so boring and so negative,” Trump told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House.
Trump said he had three sites in mind, and that “everybody wants it” and “it will be a big one.”
“I like positive things,” Trump said.
The dinner will be held April 27 at the Washington Hilton north of the White House. There will be no comedian this year after last year’s act, Michelle Wolf, attacked White House press secretary Sarah Sanders.