Former Vice President Mike Pence has declined an invitation to attend this year’s Conservative Political Action Conference, Fox News has learned.
Pence was invited to speak at the annual event but turned it down, according to a source familiar with the event planning.
Former President Donald Trump will be in attendance, however, as he is scheduled to make his first major public appearance since leaving office.
Two sources told Fox News that Trump is planning to address the conference on Sunday, Feb. 28. The event will kick off in Orlando, Fla., on Thursday.
Members of Pence’s team had said that Pence harbored some “bitterness” toward Trump after the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol building.
“Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace reported earlier this month that according to Pence’s aides, Trump’s failure to call off the mob and ensure the safety of his loyal second-in-command represented the “ultimate betrayal.”